Saturday, August 1, 2009

Airport

Waiting at the airport is an interesting thing to do. Lot's can happen!...... and a lot doesn't happen.

What doesn't happen is flight arriving on time, and if they are on time they have no gate to go to because the gate they are waiting for has a flight that leaving late. So, if you are on the plane and have to pee, you are sitting on the tarmac with your seatbelt on and an emergency is in the making. This is just like being caught on the freeway in a bad traffic jam when you have to go. Loosen your seatbelt. Unzip. Do what you have to do.

I already told you what happened when we arrived at DIA from Seattle. People had connecting flights to catch, appointments to be at, and yes, some of them had to pee. But no one would open the door.....

Well, anyway, on Friday when I was waiting for Audrey's flight from Dallas, late of course, I was standing in the main terminal waiting for her. That's when I saw her, not Audrey, a different her. At least I think  she was a her. She was slender, wore women's slacks and top. She wore a Tam. She was blonde and pretty good looking. And she.... she..... wore this dark brown mustache. I stared for a moment, then turned away, then found myself staring again. Then I had one of those "blow the milk through your nose" types of laugh. Then I tried to restrain myself. I tried not to look, but looked. Then I noticed others who also were trying not to look, but were looking. They, too, were trying not to laugh. 

Is there something wrong with me that I react to something like that the way I do, or, or, ah, I don't think there's anything wrong with me. 

By the way, I took Audrey to Mc Donald's for a latte' tonight. And you know, they are pretty good. But don't repeat what I just wrote in front of Nik. And certainly don't tell anybody at Starbuck's. 

No comments: