Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rachel

Rachel is 10 years old and is a sweetheart and a cutie. She is my brother's adopted daughter and I hardly know her. They are going to visit us for a week in September. I am very much looking forward to it and it will very much be a challenge. Rachel is a little different than other girls her age. She's autistic

Rachel has a hard time relating to other people. She is lonely and wants friends but doesn't know how to be a friend. The other kids don't understand why she is different. Finding things that hold her interest will be a challenge. She does love her computer games and feels at home with them.

Rachel's immune system is not very strong because of the same thing that causes her autism. Curt doubts that Rachel will reach adulthood. But who knows for sure. She is energetic and vibrant, but also very prone to sickness. 

I want to get to know Rachel better while she is with us. I would like you to know her and be her friend, too. 

No comments: