Thursday, July 23, 2009

This is Good and That is Good

Good, Good!

Lately work has been really good. I've had some low stress and low expense jobs that have been very profitable. Drywall repair is low stress and profitable. Fence repairs, the same. The smaller jobs have a higher percentage of profitability with lower labor costs. Cool! I am also training another person to do some of these jobs and it seems like he will work out doing some of the things. I'm also getting return business from many of my customers. That's cool too!

The other "Good" has been the stock market. Several of the stocks we have invested in are up over 50% over the past 6-7 months. That's nothing to sneeze at. Goldman Sachs is especially profitable. Since November of last year Goldman Sachs (GS) has grown from $47 at it's low point to $164.00 where it closed today. I know, I know, a lot of people don't like GS because they are a big brokerage bank. But the market has been, in a large part, held together because of the strength of this company. GS has helped your 401K and your IRA whether you owned the stock or not.

Seattle's Best is also good. Found at all Border's Book Stores. Speaking of Seattle. I'm off to Seattle tomorrow. Yes, Seattle, the city of coffee shops. Aaahhh!


No comments: