Sunday, January 11, 2009

The 3 Kick Method

A lawyer was out duck hunting when suddenly a flock of ducks flew over. He pulled up and shot one and it fell in a farmers field. He was in the midst of crawling through the fence when the old farmer drove up and shouted out, "What are you doing?" The lawyer said, "I shot a duck and I'm going out into the field to retrieve it." The farmer said, "That's a problem. This is private property and you are about to trespass." The lawyer said, "Look, you don't know who you are dealing with. I will litigate this and when I am through with you, you won't have anything left!"

The farmer said, "We don't settle things that way around here. We use the 'three kick method." The lawyer asked, "What's the 'three kick method?'"  The farmer said, "I kick you three times, then you kick me three times, and we keep on doing that until one of us win's out." The lawyer looked at the old farmer and thought, "this will be a piece of cake." So he consented to settle the issue that way.

So the farmer kicked the lawyer hard in the shin. Then he kicked the lawyer in the stomach, and while the lawyer was bent over he gave him a swift kick in the seat of the pants and sent the lawyer sprawling. The lawyer got up just furious. He said, "When I'm through with you, you'll wish you'd never been born!"

The farmer said, "Just hold on. I've reconsidered and decided you can have the duck."



This story as told by our Pastor, Dr. Stanley Reeder



No comments: