Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good Bye to Viola

Viola Sinness was my 93 year old mother-in-law..... until last night when she passed away in her sleep. She was one of my favorite persons and I know that she liked me. I respected her and it was hard for me to see her fade away and suffer the way she did, especially over the past year. Her daughter, and my wife, Audrey, was with her at the very end. So, she was not alone and Audrey was where she wanted to be when this moment came. I feel a great loss, but no sorrow, for I know that Viola is where she wants to be. Whatever sorrow I am experiencing is for myself for there is now another empty place in my heart.

I want to express my condolences to all of her loved ones. God's peace will fill your heart with the knowledge that Viola is with Him. "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." Right now Viola is younger than us all and her youth is eternal. I wish these tears of mine would stop flowing.

No comments: