Monday, January 18, 2010

Audrey




The most important person in my life is my wife, Audrey. She was beautiful the day I met her, beautiful the day I married her and is beautiful yet today at the age of 58. But even more beautiful is her quiet, constant, and calming spirit. I know of no one else who can fly out of town every week and work in another city and still have the time to pay attention to her kids, and relatives, visit her mom in North Dakota, go to church and read the Bible through in one year.

Yesterday was her birthday. We had time for a nice celebration before I took her to the airport where she boarded a plane for Dallas. Our daughter Amy and her three kids were here. We had a great time. The menu was spaghetti, French bread, angel food cake with strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and cool whip. O how the kids love the cool whip!

And of course, I brewed a pot of Starbuck's coffee.

No comments: